Last Updated on June 21, 2023
After booking your trip to Seoul, get prepared with all the information you need on the likely weather for your travel dates. If you are planning to visit Seoul, let’s find out Seoul weather and Seoul temperature.
South Korea has four seasons. In other words, a predictable and delightful spring, hot and humid summer, mild and dry autumn, and cold and snowy winter. Above all, the best time of the year to visit South Korea might be the spring and autumn.
But unfortunately, we know with everyone’s busy schedules that you can’t always select your vacation period. So let’s make sure you have all the information you need about Seoul weather to make your trip comfortable and enjoyable.
- Monthly Seoul Temperature
- Monthly Seoul Precipitation
- Seoul Sunset & Sunrise
- Seoul Weather in Four Seasons
Monthly Seoul Temperature
Checking the temperature of a place is one of the most important things to do in preparing for a trip so that you don’t have to buy new gear when you arrive. So I pulled together the Seoul temperature data for the last four years.
Seoul Temperature Fahrenheit & Seoul Temperature Celsius
※ Data Source: KMA(Korea Meteorological Administration, http://www.kma.go.kr) official data from 2015 to 2018
Monthly Seoul Precipitation
This is the monthly average precipitation data for Seoul from 2015 to 2018.
※ Data Source: KMA (Korea Meteorological Administration, http://www.kma.go.kr)
Seoul Sunset & Sunrise
As a tourist, knowing Seoul sunset and sunrise times is very useful, so I’ve put it below. Here it is for the 15th day of every month to help you get an idea of what to expect.
Seoul Weather in Four Seasons
Seoul weather in Spring from April to June is quite warm during the daytime but still chilly at night. So I recommend bringing an extra jacket or a sweater to keep you warm during the evenings.
April and May are the best seasons to see beautiful flowers in bloom in Korea. So there are many kinds of events scheduled at that time to enjoy the flowers here and there.
Famous flower festivals in Korea
- Everland Tulip Festival: Mid March to End of April
- Goyang International Flower Festival: End of April to Mid May
- Spring Flower Festival in Morning Calm Garden: Mid April to May
- Yeouido and Seokchon lake Cherry Blossom Festival: Early to Mid April
- Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival: Early April
What to wear in Spring
We recommend taking a jacket along as the breeze might be a little chilly still.
Summer from July to August is the hottest time of the year in Korea. During these two months, the temperature sometimes goes up to 37 degrees Celsius in the daytime. And it’s also very humid. So most Koreans enjoy their summer vacation from the end of July to mid-autumn with friends and family. Despite the fact that there can be a few wet periods due to the rainy season (Jangma) in Seoul during the summer, it is nonetheless the best season to enjoy the beaches of Korea. There are so many beautiful beaches, especially in Gangwondo and Busan area.
Popular Festivals in Summer
- Boryeong Mud Festival in middle of July
- Jeongnamjin Jangheung Water Festival at the end of July
- Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival
- Daegu Chimac Festival
- Busan Sea Festival (Haeundae, Gwangalli, Songdo, Songjeong, and Dadaepo beaches)
What to wear in Summer
We recommend shorts, flip flops, cotton short sleeves, skirts, and a light jacket for the indoors as stores and buses usually have the air conditioner on. Also, rain boots during the monsoon season.
Autumn in Seoul, from September to November, is mild and relatively dry, making it the best season to go hiking and enjoy the leaves changing color in the mountains. In addition, there are many kinds of festivals to enjoy the beautiful autumn colors of the mountains. For instance, Sorak mountain in Gangwondo and Naejang mountain in Jeollado are the most famous mountains to enjoy autumn colors and the best time to visit there is in October.
Popular Festivals in Autumn
- Gimje Horizon Festival in October in late September beginning of October
- Jinju Namgang Yudeung Lantern Festival at the beginning of October
- Jeonju International Sori Festival at the beginning of October
- Busan International Film Festival at the beginning of October
- Jarasum International Jazz Festival in the beginning of October
- Jeonju Bibimbap Festival in the beginning and middle of October
- Yeongju Punggi Insam Festival in the middle of October
- Seoul Lantern Festival at the beginning of November
What to wear in Autumn
We recommend taking a jacket as the afternoons are warm but drastically cold at night.
Seoul winter, from December to February, is very cold, windy, and snowy. Sometimes, the temperature plummets to -10 degrees Celsius. Make sure to bring your warmest clothes to visit Korea in the winter season. As you know, it’s the best season to go skiing, snowboarding, or any other winter activities. After the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, more people are visiting Gangwondo and Seoul to enjoy winter sports.
Popular Festivals in Winter
- 14 Best Ski Resorts in Korea & Opening Dates
- Pyeongchang Trout Festival at the end of December until the middle of January
- Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival at the beginning of January
- Inje Icefish Festival at the beginning of January
What to wear in Winter
We recommend wearing long, thick winter coats, snow boots, scarves, gloves, innerwear, thick socks, and warm fuzzy hats during winter in Korea. The temperatures drop quite low so you want to be extra prepared.
I hope this information helps ensure you are prepared and ready to go regardless of the season of your trip! 🙂
You may also like
- Korea Travel Guide
- How to Get to Seoul from Incheon Airport
- Best Korean Restaurants in Hongdae
- Best Korean Restaurants in Gangnam
- Luggage Storage Services in Seoul
IVK’s Top Picks – Day Tours, Tickets, and Travel Activities