Who doesn’t love a flower festival? Flowers are God’s gift to mankind. So they please the eyes as well as the nose. More, Korea has the honor of hosting the largest flower festival in the world. These flower festivals in Korea will be everything you imagined beautiful, all in one place.
- Ultimate Korea Travel Guide
- Seoul Itinerary
- Useful Apps for Korea Travel
- Best Korean Restaurants in Hongdae
- Things to Do in Busan
Goyang International Flower Festival
Goyang International Flower Festival
The Goyang International Flower Festival is one of the most anticipated events in South Korea, and the 2023 edition promises to be bigger and better than ever before. Scheduled to take place from April 27 to May 8, the festival will be held at the picturesque Ilsan Lake Park, which boasts an expansive area of 100,000 square meters. The festival will be open to visitors from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, allowing ample time to explore the beautiful displays and participate in the various events.
The festival’s theme this year is “Flower in the Life,” which seeks to highlight the importance of flowers in our daily lives. Visitors can expect to see stunning flower displays and participate in various activities such as the flower industry exhibition, the Goyang International Flower Forum, the Goyang International Flower Awards, and the Goyang Flower Market. Additionally, there will be a diverse range of performances, including indie band concerts, street jazz band performances, magic shows, and more. To attend the festival, visitors can purchase tickets online at Naver from April 1 to 26, with early bird adult tickets priced at 11,000 KRW. General ticket sales will commence from April 27 to May 8, with adult tickets priced at 15,000 KRW.
- Duration: April 27 to May 8, 2023
- Operating Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Venue: Ilsan Lake Park (100,000 square meters)
- Early Birld Online ticket sales at Naver from April 1 to 26, 2023
- Early Bird Ticket Price (Adult): 11,000 KRW
- General Ticket Sales: April 27 to May 8, 2023
- Ticket Price (Adult): 15,000 KRW
- Events: Flower industry exhibition, Goyang International Flower Forum, Goyang International Flower Awards, Goyang Flower Market, indie band concerts, street jazz band performances, magic shows, and more.
- Bus: Alight at Ilsan East City Hall bus stop (10-minute walk)
- Subway: Take Line 3 and alight at Jungbalsan Station Exit 1 (10-minute walk)
- Website: https://flower.or.kr/
- Nearby Attraction:
Taean Tulip Festival
Taean tulip festival is considered one of the five biggest Tulip festivals in the world. Every year the number of visitors grow. This year the Taean tulip festival will be held at Korea Flower Park in Anmyeondo Island for one month. The beautiful array of tulips during the flower festival will be healing to your eyes and body. There is something for everyone of all ages. The festival opens from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. After the tulip festival, there will be the Hydrangea Festival and Autumn Flower Fair.
- Open: April 12 – May 7, 2023
- Transportation: Take a bus to Taean Intercity Bus Terminal from the Seoul bus terminal. From Taean Intercity Bus Terminal, take a small village bus to Gomseom and get off at Morenon Bus Stop.
- Admission: Adults 14,000 won / Teenagers 11,000 won / Senior citizens & Groups 12,000 won
- Address: 400, Kkotjihaean-ro, Anmyeon-eup, Taean-gun, Chungcheongnam-do, Korea
- Phone: 041.675.5533
In English, Sansuyu flowers are referred to as Dogwood flowers or Dogwood blossoms. These little yellow blossoms appear in the early spring and may be found all throughout the nation, especially in the Midwest.
In Gurye, there is an abundance of these bright spring flowers, and a festival to commemorate them is celebrated every year in the Jirisan Hot Springs area. With activities such as trekking through the Jirisan Mountainous Region, blossom spotting, and relaxing in hot springs, this is the ideal early spring weekend retreat.
- Date: Mar 11 – Mar 19, 2023
- How to get there: From the Gurye Terminal, take the village bus towards Sandong. Get off at Sansuyu Village. Visitors can also take a taxi from Gurye Terminal to the festival grounds.
- Address: 45, Sanguan 1-gil, Sandong-myeon, Gurye-gun
- Phone: 061-780-2390
- Website: https://www.gurye.go.kr/
Icheon Baeksa Sansuyu
If Gurye is a little too far away or sounds a little too crowded for you, Icheon also has a sansuyu festival that you may like. This little town celebrates in the usual townie style, with local cuisine and traditional activities. The Dogwood trees in Baeksa Village have been growing for greater than a century, according to locals.
View beautiful flowers and play some traditional Korean games while eating some good grub and sipping some makgeolli, Korean rice wine. (Which is a necessity). The area is a terrific site to visit for friends, couples, and the entire family. You can also take a climb up into the neighboring region from here. This is a simple day excursion that everyone can do.
- Date: Mar 24 ~ Mar 26, 2023
- How to get there: From Dong Seoul Terminal, take a direct bus to Icheon terminal (buses run from 6:10 am~11:00 pm, departs every 20 min~40 min / est. travel time of 1hr). From the terminal, take a complimentary shuttle bus from the Grand Wedding Hall Shuttle Bus Stop (starting from 10:00 am buses depart every 30-40 mins) to the festival grounds.
- Phone: +82-31-644-2000
- Address: 667 Dorip-ri Baeksa-myeon
- Website: Sansuyu Festival – Icheon City Hall
Gwangyang Maehwa Festival
Gwangyang Maehwa Festival is among the best South Korea’s most gorgeous spring events. Maehwa is the Korean name for a kind of flower tree. Additionally, the tree produces a variety of plum known as maesil. Maesil plum juice is frequently utilized in traditional medicine across East Asia. In old Korean culture, Maehwa also symbolizes nobility and patience.
Date: March 13- March 24
How to get there: From Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Hadong Bus Terminal. From Hadong Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 35 and get off at Seomjin Bus Stop. Then head to Maehwa village.
Address: 1563-1 Seomjingangmaehwa-ro, Daap-myeon, Gwangyang-si, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
Phone: +82 61-772-9494
Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival
Jinhae is home to the country’s biggest cherry blossom festival, which honors not only blossoming spring trees but also Admiral Yi Sun Shin, a Korean naval leader renowned for his triumphs against the Japanese. To the joy of onlookers, the naval base in Jinhae is accessible to the public during this event, and the Jinhae Military Band as well as Honor Guard also plays.
- Date: March 25 – April 3, 2023
- How to get there: Take a bus from Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal directly to Jinhae.
- Website: http://www.changwon.go.kr/
- Phone: +82-55225-2341
- Address: Tongsin-dong, Jinhae-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
Hwagae Cherry Blossoms Festival
This festival locale is notable for the 4.5-kilometer-long ’10-ri Cherry Blossom Road,’ a lane lined with blossoming trees. It is supposed that taking a walk down this path with your partner will place you both in a happily ever after fairy tale.
- Date: Mar 31 – Apr 2, 2023
- How to get there: Take the intercity bus from Nambu Bus Terminal (Seoul) to Hwagae City. Get off at Hwagaejangteo Market and walk to the temple from Hwagae following the river.
- Website: http://toureng.hadong.go.kr
- Phone: 055-880-2651
- Address: 58, Ssanggye-ro, Hadong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
Gyeongpo Cherry Blossom Festival
Gangneung is a must-see throughout the summer months due to its beautiful beaches as well as crystal blue seas, although in the spring, the 4.3-kilometer road encircling Gyeongpo Lake is flanked with blooming beauties swaying in the ocean breezes, offering this a lovely spring vacation place.
- Date: April 1 – April 8
- Address: San 1 Anhyeon-dong Gangneung-si Gangwon-do
- Phone: 033-640-5130