Table of Contents
- 1 What is Gopchang?
- 2 Gopchang Jeongol
- 3 1. Gom Ba wie 곰바위
- 4 2. Samsung Wonjo Yang Gopchang 삼성원조양곱창
- 5 3. Hamji Gopchang 함지곱창
- 6 4. Cheong eolam (Gopchang jeongol) 청어람 곱창전골
- 7 5. Gangnam Gopchang Story 곱창이야기
- 8 6. Geobuk Gopchang 거북곱창
- 9 7. Bul Ta Neun Gopchang ( Jongno) 종로 불타는곱창
- 10 8. Guldari So Gopchang 굴다리소곱창
- 11 9. Sinchon Hwangso Gopchang 신촌황소곱창
- 12 10. Gugongtan Gopchang 구공탄곱창
- 13 11. Supgil Gopchang 숲길곱창
What is Gopchang?
Several cultures use progressively unusual cuts of the cow, in any event, going inside the beefy animals for some special bits. In Korea, we’re discussing Gopchang (곱창) which is typically hamburger (at times pork) guts. Gopchang is generally a flame-broiled Korean grill style over hot coals. However here and there it comes sautéed with a combination of vegetables in a zesty sauce. At the point when raw, gopchang looks like a pinkish squiggle of gross; but it’s quite tasty and texturally intriguing when roasted and cut into progressively fine, chopped down pieces. Gopchang will in general be very greasy and fat methods flavor. Think rich explosions of beefiness combined with an unobtrusively lovely pinch of the farmyard in each chewy chomp. Koreans will appreciate the chewiness when eating gopchang, so to explain, the elastic tire mouthfeel is something to be thankful for.
Gopchang Jeongol is a peppery stew or meal produced using meat tripe, vegetables, and flavoring, which are all bubbled in beef stock. The term, Gopchang alludes to the small digestive organs of cows while Jeongol relates to a classification of Korean stew. Different subcategories of hamburger tripe in Korean food are Makchang, Daechang, and Yang, to give some examples.
Since Gopchang is a piece of the intestinal tract, it’s imperative to pick a restaurant that cleans that tract completely. Maintain a strategic distance from the touristy road slows down around Dongdaemun. In case you will go road a la Psy’s Gentleman (he eats gopchang in the music video’s drinking tent scene), go to Wangsimni where there’s a particular territory known about quality gopchang. Something else, adhere to a spot with a decent notoriety for clean as a whistle, unctuously burly gopchang.
Now multiple restaurants in Seoul serve gopchang but choosing which one tastes the best can be a bit tricky, which is why we gathered a list of best gopchang restaurants in Seoul. So, keep on reading till the end.
Top 11 Gopchang Restaurants in Seoul
- Samsung Wonjo Yang Gopchang
- Hamji Gopchang
- Cheong Eolam
- Gangnam Gopchang Story
- Geobuk Gopchang
- Bul Ta Neun Gopchang
- Guldari So Gopchang
- Sinchon Hwangso Gopchang
- Gugongtan Gopchang
- Supgil Gopchang
1. Gom Ba wie 곰바위
Flame-broiled tripe and intestinal organs rule at Gom Ba Wie, which has seen three many years of clients snared on their rich, charmingly chewy goodness. Not only Gom Ba Wie has been listed on Michelin guide since 2017 but it also runs a business for 40 years here. The first area and the new area remain consecutive, offering a brief look at the restaurants over a significant period. Their popular menu is Daechang that you should try in Gombawie. If meat digestive organs aren’t some tea, the eatery likewise offers different cuts like ribeye, short ribs, and brisket. All meats are flame-broiled over wood charcoal.
- Address: 10 Yeongdong-daero 115-gil Gangnam-gu Seoul | 120m far away from Bongeunsa Station Exit 2
- Open hours: Weekdays 11:00 – 23:00 | Weekends 11:00 – 22:00
- Phone: 02-511-0068
- Valet parking available
- Price: 25,000KRW ~ 39,000KRW
- Web: http://www.gbw.co.kr/
2. Samsung Wonjo Yang Gopchang 삼성원조양곱창
Even if you are truly not a major fanatic of gopchang 곱창 in any case, Samsung Wonjo Yang Gobchang 삼성원조양곱창 was a spot anyone would return to for their gopchang. You will be dazzled how they figured out how to keep the gop 곱 set up and the surface at the nibble that is perfectly chewy. Similarly, it is astounding, the way that their gopchang 곱창 had no out of control smell to them. The visual is a piece on the white side (flighty) while the taste was on the smooth sweet camp As much as we adore it, you will be delighted in the gopchang 곱창 and would want to visit again. Moreover, you will saw the Cheong Guk Jang 청국장 as another stunning menu in Samsung wonjo yang gopchang. It is a thick stew made of beans, Kimchi, and other vegetables as it’s fermented soybeans it can be a bit smelly like Doenjangjjigae but still very tasty.
- Address: 7 Hakdong-ro 101-gil Gangnam-gu Seoul | 134m far away from Cheongdam Station Exit 14
- Open hours: 16:30 – 23:00 | Sunday closed
- Phone: 02-545-8895
- Price: 15,000KRW ~ 27,000KRW
3. Hamji Gopchang 함지곱창
Gopchang and daechang (pig’s and dairy animals’ digestive organs) eatery are in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam. Appreciate a wide range of kinds of gopchang and daechang, just as a vegetable and veggie variety; with flame-broiled potatoes, chives, and kimchi. In this Nonhyeon (in Gangnam) gourmet alley, you can feel real Korean nightlife with tons of restaurants, bars, and pubs along the street. Don’t miss out!
- Address: 33 Hakdong-ro 2-gil Gangnam-gu Seoul | 257m far away from Nonhyeon Station Exit 2
- Open hours: 14:30 – 01:30 | Sunday closed
- Phone: 02-3444-6919
- Price: 15,000KRW ~ 45,000KRW
4. Cheong eolam (Gopchang jeongol) 청어람 곱창전골
The soup is scrumptious and the house is well known enough to be weighted. Be that as it may, the amount of giblets is not as much as that of the past occasions. The restaurant is generally excellent because the business is very much done. But It is a pity that the cost of giblets has raised. This house is modest and delectable and has numerous houses. We should stress over as it’s a standard, there is consistently 30 minutes or a greater amount of waiting. There are at present 3 stores; you have to check if there are any spots without loads and check with the visitors. Lastly, I highly recommend you as a local, seared rice must be requested during supper time after Gopchang Jeongol. On the off chance that you live close by, pack it, and appreciate it at home! In any case, we don’t bundle side dishes. Gopchang is extremely scrumptious!! We suggest that you have dinner here!
- Address: 97 Mangwon-ro Mapo-gu Seoul | 343m far away from Mangwon Station Exit 2
- Open hours: Weekdays 11:30 – 22:00 | Break time 14:00 – 16:30 | Saturday 16:30 – 22:00 | Sunday closed
- Phone: 02-332-1411
- Price: 20,000KRW ~ 30,000KRW
5. Gangnam Gopchang Story 곱창이야기
Gangnam gopchang story, sizzling gopchang, the small digestive organs of cows (or pig), has for some time been a basic piece of Korean grill culture, yet it regularly gets underrepresented outside of Korea. One of the primary global stations of a mainstream Korean chain, Gopchang Story brings the magnificence of Korean offal meat to the focal point of K-town. It represents considerable authority in an assortment of hamburger digestion tracts, tripe, and even meat heart that gets sprinkled with “pixie dust,” a one of a kind zest mix, as it gets singed and fresh on the enlistment barbecue. Other than the barbecued digestive tract, the meat digestive tract dish — a zesty blend of bull digestion tracts, tripe, hamburger, and vegetables — is a flat out stick out.
- Address: 10 Gangnam-daero 69-gil Gangnam-gu Seoul | 338m far away from Sinnonhyeon Station Exit 6
- Open hours: Weekdays 16:30 – 02:00 | Weekends 16:30 – 03:00
- Phone: 02-535-2771
- Price: 15,000KRW ~ 28,000KRW
6. Geobuk Gopchang 거북곱창
One must be recommended to Geobuk gopchang as it is delicious. The inside of the restaurant is very narrow, and the turnover is not very good. Besides, the price is good for 200 grams per serving. It’s a bit chewy because of its raw giblets, but I liked it, it’s perfect for chewing! The changchang was delicious! When you receive an order, write it directly. The giblets are filled with leek inside, so they come out and are not bitter and easy to bite than other places. That’s why it’s a shame that you can’t eat the product properly, so we liked it more than eating the leek. The giblets are all fresh. Thus, we don’t have anything else to enjoy. Also, the drinks are cheap here at 1,000 KRW.
- Address: 94 Seocho-daero 50-gil Seocho-gu Seoul | 400m far away from Seoul National University of Education Station Exit 14
- Open hours: 17:00 – 01:00
- Phone: 02-586-0032
- Price: 22,000KRW ~ 55,000KRW
- Valet available
7. Bul Ta Neun Gopchang ( Jongno) 종로 불타는곱창
This restaurant has a feeling that an easygoing K-BBQ restaurant in Seoul, with beautiful plastic seats that are universal in Korea, slows down to a doodle-filled divider. The menu incorporates average BBQ cuts of meat, including pork tummy, yet the eatery additionally offers less omnipresent things, as marinated pork stomach with squid, pork guts, and shellfish.
- Address: 8 Jongno 35-gil Jongno-gu Seoul | 199m far away from Jongno 5-ga Station Exit 4
- Open hours: Mon. – Sat. 11:00 – 04:00 | Sunday 15:00 – 24:00
- Phone: 0507-1308-4885
- Price: 21,000KRW ~ 23,000KRW
8. Guldari So Gopchang 굴다리소곱창
Guldari so gopchang brings an extravagance experience in Seoul. Even though known for galbi, or marinated short ribs, the eatery offers an assortment of meats, including ribeye, daintily cut brisket, and pork tummy. Past the flame broil, the remainder of the Korean menu is similarly as solid: Pair the acidic and mellow Pyeongyang naengmyeon, or chilled noodle soup in hamburger stock, arranged North Korean style, with sweet, appetizing galbi. Complete a feast with Mookeunji samgeyopsal jjim, braised pork gut with ripe kimchi.
- Address: 269-1 Cheongpa-ro Yongsan-gu Seoul | 206m far away from Sookmyung Women’s Univ. Exit 8
- Open hours: 06:00 – 23:30 | Sunday closed
- Phone: 02-706-5989
- Price: 15,000KRW ~ 21,000KRW
9. Sinchon Hwangso Gopchang 신촌황소곱창
One of the most well-known, mainstream, and long-running gopchang (flame-broiled hamburger/pork tripe) eateries among Yonsei and Ewha University in Sinchon. Sinchon Hwangso Gopchang (신촌황소곱창) is a Gopchang (곱창) strength eatery bragging 60 years history. Gopchang explicitly alludes to the small digestive tract of the bovine and is served here “gui” (구이), flame-broiled on your table in a hot container over a fire. Nearby Gopchang, our different top picks incorporate Daechang (대창, internal organ), and Makchang (막창, the stomach otherwise known as the fourth stomach).
- Address: 31 Yeongsei-ro 9-gil Seodaemun-gu Seoul | 499m far away from Sinchon Exit 1
- Open hours: 15:00 – 03:00
- Phone: 02-706-5989
- Price: 16,000KRW ~ 40,000KRW
10. Gugongtan Gopchang 구공탄곱창
We added this gopchang/makchang just because the previous summer lots of people tend to love and completely cherishing it. The visuals and the portrayals can be deluding like it’s for most of us. (I mean, hi, digestive organs?) yet once you eat it, you’ll find the shrouded engage. We suggest the ones shrouded in sauce over the standard kind. Greatest lament of the night was neglecting to include cheddar. Make a point to get the singed rice also toward the end!
- Address: 77 Yanghwa-ro 6-gil Mapo-gu Seoul | 417m far away from Hapjeong Exit 5
- Open hours: 17:00 – 02:00
- Phone: 0507-1363-9010
- Price: 12,000KRW ~ 29,000KRW
11. Supgil Gopchang 숲길곱창
Any chance you visit Seoul and end up waiting with Supgil gobchang on the opposite side the smell of giblets from the outside animates the hunger. We would suggest gopchang and gopchang. Is it alright or delightful? Most importantly, we love to recommend you try the gobchang jeongol as well. In fact, once you have it you’ll be using more. It is acceptable because there is likewise a garlic-filled garlic sauce. Seared rice is likewise alright. Boisterous and rancid, on the off chance that you are close to eating gobchang, this is a spot to go!
- Address: 256 Donggyo-ro Mapo-gu Seoul | 526m far away from Hongdae station Exit 3
- Open hours: 17:00 – 03:00
- Phone: 0507-1449-0788
- Price: 16,000KRW ~ 45,000KRW
Previously, gobchang was a modest nourishing enhancement for poor people. Today, gobchang is not, at this point modest, yet we accept the expense for good gobchang comes from its detailed arrangement. To make scrumptious gobchang includes a dull procedure of intensive cleaning, cutting, and marinating. So, if you ever feel like eating something good, these restaurants in Seoul are a must-visit.
You may also like