- This is a day tour to explore Gyeongju, the heart of the Silla Dynasty (57 BCE – 935 CE), including Seokguram Grotto and Bulguksa Temple (UNESCO World Heritage).
- The activities start from Busan and provide hotel pickup.
- Some operators are offering private small group tours.
- It is said that Kim Dae-seong, who lived twice, became prime minister of Silla and built Bulguksa for his parents in the present life and Seokguram for his parents in the previous life.
- Bulguksa Temple was first registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in South Korea in 1995 along with Seokguram Grotto, Jongmyo Shrine in Seoul.
- The Silla people, who believed in Buddhism as their national religion, built Bulguksa Temple, the ‘land of the Buddha,’ with the best construction techniques and religious devotion.
- Bulguksa address: 15-1 Jinhyeon-dong, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Open hours
- 07:00 ~ 18:00 (Mar – Sep)
- 07:00 ~ 17:30 (Oct, Feb)
- 07:30 ~ 17:00 (Nov – Jan)
Information about Seokguram Grotto
- Seokguram Grottoes are man-made caves built with meticulous design to enshrine the Buddha. The weight balance and stability of the dome were solved by inserting stone nails horizontally between the stones.
- The statue of Buddha with an infinitely compassionate and gentle expression under a sturdy artificial dome shows the essence of Silla Buddhist art and evokes emotions that cannot be expressed in words.
- Seokguram Grotto address: 873-243 Bulguk-ro, Gyeongju-si
- Open hours
- 06:30 ~ 18:00 (Mid Mar – Sep)
- 07:00 ~ 17:30 (Feb to Mid Mar, Oct)
- 07:00 ~ 17:00 (Nov – Jan)
Related Tours & Tickets
Korea Rail Pass (2, 3, 4, or 5 Days)$89
Outdoor & Sports
Paragliding in Gyeongju$96
Gyeongju Private Sightseeing Car Charter from Busan$369
Price History for Gyeongju Historical Daereungwon Royal Tomb Complex, Yangdong Village, and Anapji Full Day Tour...
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Klook, Viator, Trazy, Getyourguide.
- At klook.com you can purchase Gyeongju Historical Daereungwon Royal Tomb Complex, Yangdong Village, and Anapji Full Day Tour from Busan for only $57.49 , which is 85% less than the cost in Trazy ($378.00).
- The lowest price of Gyeongju City 1 Day Private Tour - from Gyeongju/Busan was obtained on October 21, 2023 10:56 am.
IVK’s Top Picks – Day Tours, Tickets, and Travel Activities