- This event has passed.
Semiwon Lotus Flower Festival 2023
- Dates: July 1, 2023 – August 15, 2023
- Location: 93, Yangsu-ro, Yangseo-myeon, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Admission Fee: General – ₩5,000 (Adults 19 years and older), Discount – ₩3,000 (Children and teenagers from 6 years old, Seniors over 65 years, Mildly disabled persons – 4-6 grade), Group – ₩3,000 (Group of 50 people or more, no double discounts)
- Homepage: Official Semiwon Website
- Instagram: Semiwon Instagram Page
- Phone: 031-775-1835
Semiwon is an outdoor garden primarily planted with lotuses, which have excellent water purification abilities, to help create a clear and rich Han River. In summer, the garden is filled with lotus flowers, allowing visitors to witness a diverse range of aquatic plants such as captivating red lotus, elegant white lotus, globally-renowned Perry’s lotus developed and donated by Perry Slocum, and the rare water lilies that Semiwon is the only holder of in Korea. The festival runs from July 1 to August 15 without any closed days, operating from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily.
Key Highlights of the Festival
- Lotus Leaf Tea Making: An experiential education program where you can make lotus leaf tea (Requires separate reservation and charge)
- Lotus Culture Experience Classroom: Experiential education such as handkerchief and fan making (Requires separate reservation and charge)
- Special Exhibit: Plant-related exhibits are displayed on light panels at Gallery Semi
- Major Exhibits: Artworks by local artists of Yangpyeong County are on display
- Flea Market: The market is held under the Kyogak Bridge inside Semiwon every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday
- Traditional Korean Games: Booths are set up for visitors to freely experience traditional Korean games such as Tuho (arrow throwing) and Jegi kicking
- For an exceptional experience, one might choose to enjoy the night-time view of the moonlit lotus flowers while feeling the cool river breeze in the summer nights.
- For the Lotus Leaf Tea Making and Lotus Culture Experience Classroom, an additional fee applies and pre-booking is necessary.
- The Flea Market is only open during the weekends and on public holidays.
Plus! You don’t want to miss these articles!
- Best Things To Do in Nami Island & Getting There
- Fun Things to do in Summer in Korea
- Best Seoul Travel Passes for Your Perfect Seoul Trip
Things To Do in Nami Island
Attractions & Tickets
Nami Island Ticket and Skyline Zip Wire Ticket$37
Nami Island Round-Trip Shuttle Bus$20
Alpaca World + Nami Island 1 Day Tour$81
Nami Island, Rail Bike, and Garden of Morning Calm Day Tour$70
Tours & Sightseeing
Nami Island, Petite France, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul$56
Aquarium_Zoo & Farms
Go City: Seoul All-Inclusive Pass$65
Nami Island, Strawberry Picking, and The Garden of Morning Calm Day Tour$69
[ Data & Image Source: Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) ]
IVK’s Top Picks – Day Tours, Tickets, and Travel Activities