- This event has passed.
Pyeongchang Hyoseok Cultural Festival
September 8 – September 17 KST
The Pyeongchang Hyoseok Cultural Festival, held in Bongpyeong, Gangwon Province, South Korea from September 8 to September 17, 2023, celebrates Yi Hyoseok’s beloved short story “When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom” through a blend of nature and literature, offering diverse programs, experiences, and activities capturing the essence of the novel’s enchanting description.
- Title: Pyeongchang Hyoseok Cultural Festival
- Date: September 8 to September 17, 2023
- Location: Bongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon Province, South Korea
- Admission Fees: Varies by activity (Photo Zone: 2,000 KRW, Can Train: 5,000 KRW, Experience Book: 5,000 KRW, includes free entry to Photo Zone, Hyoseok Literature Museum, and Moonlight Hill)
- Organizer: Association of Yi Hyoseok Literature
- Website: hyoseok.com
The Pyeongchang Hyoseok Cultural Festival, set against the backdrop of Bongpyeong in Gangwon Province, celebrates the beloved modern short story “When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom” by Korean author Yi Hyoseok. This special festival combines nature and literature, offering diverse literary programs such as art exhibitions, poetry events, literary nights, and bookmaking activities. Visitors can also engage in various experiences such as dyeing bongsung flowers, riding a donkey, and traditional folk games, capturing unique memories as they stroll through fields of beautiful buckwheat flowers, reminiscent of the novel’s enchanting description.
Key Highlights of the Festival
- Traditional Courtyard (Bongsung Flower Dyeing, Traditional Folk Games, etc.)
- Sensory Courtyard (Music Storytelling with DJs, Postcard Writing, Slow Mailbox, Train of Cans, Experience Programs, Full Moon Photo Zone)
- Literary Courtyard (Exploring Hyoseok through Film, Enjoying the Festival with Experience Books, Hyoseok Literary Forest Experience, Buckwheat Flower Photo Contest, Hyoseok Cultural Festival Video Contest)
- Natural Courtyard (Weaving Experience, Stepping Stone Experience, Log Rafting)
The festival aims to highlight the picturesque village of Bongpyeong, which features natural, cultural, and geographical assets, transforming it into a literary and beautiful village that serves as a hub for tourism and cultural activities throughout the four seasons.
Note: Festival food details will be revealed one week prior to the event.
For more information and updates, visit the official festival website.
Association of Yi Hyoseok Literature
You may also love:
- Top 12 Attractions and Things To Do in Chuncheon, Gangwon-do
- Best Things To Do & Attractions in Gangwon-do
Best Things to Do in Gangwon
[ Data & Image Source: Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) ]
IVK’s Top Picks – Day Tours, Tickets, and Travel Activities